Past and Present Experience
- Co-Founder & Director of Labour Faith Network
- Trustee of Thames Water Trust
- President of ILFL Inner London Football League
- Trustee of Centre of the Cell Ltd
- Executive member of Council of Mosque – Tower Hamlets
- Secretary of Wapping Bangladesh Association & Mosque committee
Senior Management / Executive positions held
- Board member of Ocean Regeneration Trust
- Non Executive Director of Bart’s and London NHS Trust
- Council Member of Queen Mary, University of London- Chair of Student Affairs Committee
- Trustee of Canary Wharf Education Trust
- Deputy Chair of Crime and Public Protection Forum at the London Council
- London Council Transport & Environment Committee member
- Cabinet member for Cleaner Safer and Greener, Tower Hamlets Council
- Lead member for preventing violence and extremism – Tower Hamlets Council
- Chair of Tower Hamlets Transport Consultative Forum
Other voluntary positions and past and experience
- Convenor of the Home Office ‘Muslim Youth Taskforce’ post 7/7 Bombing
- Member of the Home Office and F.C.O international delegations
- Honorary President of Stepney Football Club
- Community Ambassador for the London 2012 Olympic Bid – Present in Singapore for announcement in 2005
- Former Member of the Metropolitan Police Authority
- Former Chair of Independent Advisory Committee, City of London Police
- Former Member of the Commission for Race Equality’s London Board
- Former Vice Chair of the Board of Governors at Tower Hamlets College
- Former Secretary of The Collective of Bangladeshi School Governors
As your representative on the GLA my priorities will include:
Fair and living wages: fighting against inequality and poverty through campaigning for a fair and living wage for all.
Homes: tackling the private renting and housing benefit crisis that is forcing an exodus from sections of our communities and demanding progress on building more affordable housing.
Strong communities: strengthening links between town halls and City Hall to create partnerships to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour, address issues around youth reoffending, extremist behaviour and promote community cohesion.
The deficit: voicing strong and vocal opposition to stop the Tory government’s attacks on the NHS, welfare support for our most vulnerable, education and London’s transport system.
Education and jobs: raising aspirations for young people through education, opportunities and access to employers, supporting the retraining and skilling of the long term unemployed and supporting growth industries to create new jobs.
Environment: using the City Hall platform to maximise opportunities to carbon offset, protect London’s green spaces and clean up our air.
Download PDF - GLA 2016